Delivering drug directly into capsules or vials using micro-dosing technology removes the need for initial formulation development and associated stability, leading to faster first-in-man studies and cost efficiencies.
The fully programmable system ensures exceptional levels of accuracy and precision whilst minimizing wastage of drug substance. We are proud to offer multiple options of micro-dosing technology, delivering individual client volume requirements.
PCI has further invested in Xcelohood™ and Xceloprotect™ technology for the micro-dosing technologies, further enhancing our contained solutions for the development and manufacturing of highly potent drug products.
Features of Xcelodose® Technology
- Programmable and precise dispensing of dose weights from 100 micrograms to 100 milligrams and beyond
- Weight of each capsule content is recorded, allowing traceability of samples that meet GMP requirements
- Simplifies analytical development and stability requirements, reducing development time
- Reduces waste and eliminates the need for a “powder blend”
- Ability to handle moisture-sensitive compounds
- System is able to fill capsules and a variety of small dose containers including; vials, tubes, blisters and cassettes
- Precision closing of capsules
- Compensates for variability in drug powder properties
- Simplification of method development
- Improved data transfer
- Can be used for formulation development, pre-clinical and clinical trial batch manufacturing for both potent and non-potent molecules